Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Followers

Thursday, August 28, 2014
It’s been a pleasure writing this blog this summer. Thank you to my “readers” for supporting my thoughts and meanderings by reading them.

I will end this series of blogs with my favorite scripture, Jeremiah 29:11: “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” Jeremiah wrote this as part of a message to the exiled Israelites in Babylon after the Babylonians came and wiped out their homeland, taking the leadership to Babylon. Jeremiah is saying that God is not gone when the tide turns, when the path is diverted elsewhere. God may just change form. God was in the Temple for many of the ancient Israelites. The Temple no longer stood after the exile. Now they had to find God another way. Jeremiah says don’t give up hope. Do what you need to do to formulate a great community in the community you find yourself in…and God will be there.

I like using this scripture anytime anything in my life is in the unknown, which is often. I know that God has not gone away though my life is once again in new territory. God does not come in just one form. The love of God comes in endless forms. It does not change when our paths do.

I take heart that my ministry may take a new form, but God is still the safety net that tells me I am in His guidance no matter what this ministry looks like. I pray for all of you that no matter where the path goes, that you remember that God stays with all of us, because we are all God’s children and God does not leave.

My you feel the peace and love of God in all that happens in your life.


Joanna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Description

Kairos-Milwaukie UCC Blog

Reflections on the Revised Common Lectionary by Rev. Rick Skidmore and Rev. Jim Ogden.

Subscribe Now: RSS Feed

Blog Archive